Thursday, August 30, 2012

Leroy Smart: Mother Liza, 1975



To begin with, please forgive my long absence.  I have been (and remain) without access to a good turntable, as you will hear in today's rip, so I've been laying low on the blog front.  I am also having a lot of problems with my computer, which among other things have prevented me from transferring photos from my camera (the picture above comes from google images.)  I will put up pictures for future posts when I can, but in the meantime, I wanted to stop letting this blog go.  Please bear with me as I get back up and running.

Today's pick is a heavy rocker from Leroy Smart, a 1999 reissue of the Mother Liza single.  It's one of several reggae pieces that I acquired recently, so expect more roots for the time being.  A haunting voice, nice instrumental dubs, tight horns, and a rock solid rhythm.   What more could you ask?  As best I can tell, this is the internet debut of the horn-heavy version, so check it out and enjoy. 


1 comment: